KCCA FC who have just missed to defend the Azam Uganda Premier League championship are yet again to test their skills and luck in the Uganda Cup Finals to which they progressed after knocking out Synergy FC by 10 – 0 on aggregate.
KCCA striker Patrick starred with a hat-trick to take his individual tally in the competition to 7 goals plus six other goals while thrashing Masaka Based Synergy Football club by 9 – 0 in the return leg of the Uganda Cup 2nd Semi finals at the StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo on Thursday.
Youngstar Allan Okello and second half substitute Steven Sserwadda each shined with a brace to his name as Synergy was being shown a disgraceful exit out the country’s oldest club Football tournament. Jackson Nunda and Solomon Okwalinga goals completed the tally up to 9 goals as Synergy kept on firing blanks.
Synergy came to Startimes Stadium with some hope as they were just a goal down from the First Leg’s advantage to which they had lost 1 – 0 a few days earlier at Masaka Rcreational Grounds.
KCCA will now await the winner in the second leg of the 1st Uganda Cup Semi Finals as SC Vipers host SC Villa Jogoo next Tuesday at the St. Mary’s Stadium, Kitende. The first leg ended goal-less at the Muteesa II Wankulukuku Stadium during an ill- tempered match marred by violence.
This year’s final of the Uganda Cup will take place in Bukedea District after being shortly shifted from Lira.
Squads of the Day:
- Goal Keeper: Tom Ikara
- Defense: Denis Okot Oola (Captain), Peter Magambo, Eric Ssenjobe, Fillbert Obenchan
- Midfield & Forwards: Allan Okello, Isaac Kirabira, Sadam Ibrahim Juma, Paul Mucureezi, Jackson Nunda, Patrick Henry Kaddu
Substitutes: Jamil Malyamungu (G.K), Lawrence Bukenya, Solomon Okwalinga, Steven Sserwadda, Habib Kavuma, Ibrahim Wamannah, Paul Musamali
- Goal Keeper: Peter Lubega
- Defense: Ivan Ahimbisibwe, Baker Zziwa, Moses Kakooza, Ibrahim Mugandazi
- Midfield & Striking: Ceaser Okello, Mbido Kalaga, Yiga Muhammed (Captain), Godfrey Saazi, Oscar Agaba, Douglas Oyirwoth
Substitutes: Shafik Ssengonzi, Anwar Kagaruki, Jordan Michael Kasozi