Latest from our Transfer Buzz Column is Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic nearing a move to LA Galaxy in the MLS. The 36-year-old former Sweden international forward is due to return to training next week following a December injury setback.
United have also joined the race to sign Bayern Munich’s 30-year-old Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal.
Monaco’s 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder Fabinho, who has been linked with Manchester United and Manchester City, has indicated he is keen to leave the French club for a new challenge.
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte insists he needs three strikers in his squad to stand any chance of winning silverware this season. Conte says that the club owner (Abramovich) hasn’t yet shown interest in making new recruitment to the squad in this January transfer window that is soon to be closed.
Antonio Conte also insists the 24-year-old Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi does not have to leave this month. He has been linked with a loan move away from the Bridge.
Roma striker Edin Dzeko’s proposed move to Chelsea is off after talks over the 31-year-old Bosnia international broke down.
The Gunners will allow forward Olivier Giroud to move to Chelsea if their Premier League rivals meet the 31-year-old France international’s £35m asking price.
Arsenal is also close to signing Borussia Dortmund’s striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but they must either meet Borussia Dortmund’s £60m asking price for the Gabonese International or look elsewhere.
Goalkeeper Joe Hart is keen to end his loan deal with West Ham before the transfer window closes. The 30-year-old, on loan from Manchester City, is now David Moyes’ second choice and wants to retain his position as England’s number one for the World Cup.
Manchester City are ready to make a £150m move for Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, 27, after Pep Guardiola identified the Belgium winger as his main summer transfer target.
Manchester City and Manchester United are set to battle it out against in an attempt to sign Brazil midfielder Fred, 24, from Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Liverpool and Tottenham are set to miss out on 28-year-old Paris St-Germain midfielder Javier Pastore, who has confirmed that returning to Italy is his priority.
- Andre Ayew could also be on his way out of West Ham with Swansea hoping to complete an £18m deal for the 28-year-old Ghana forward’s return to the Liberty Stadium. West Ham and Senegal striker Diafra Sakho, 28, have also resumed talks with Rennes over a prospective £9m move to the French side.
- Stoke City will have to pay the £16m asking price if they are to sign Galatasaray and Senegal midfielder Badou Ndiaye. The Potters have already had a £14m bid rejected for the 27-year-old.
- Watford manager Javi Garcia will attempt to make Sunderland and Gabon midfielder Didier Ndong, 23, his first signing.
- West Brom are ready to put in a bid of £18m to sign Watford striker Troy Deeney, 29. The Englishman missed his side’s FA Cup defeat on Saturday.
- Crystal Palace are considering a move for Burnley’s 28-year-old English striker Ashley Barnes, who has 18 months left on his contract at Turf Moor.