After witnessing the Uganda Cranes thumping Lesotho by 3 – 0 at Namboole in the AFCON 2019 qualifiers, hundreds of fans flocked Freedom City Mall for the much anticipated Kick Boxing Match between Legend Golola Moses and the Thailand based Umaru Semata.
After the entertaining action packed five rounds of the K1-Style title-less fight, it was all clear that Moses Golola’s home dominance was put to an end by through judges’ anonymous decision.
Golola stepped into the ring first at around 2:10am before five minutes when Umaru Semata joined him alongside his main sponsor Jack Pemba to battle for the pride.
The first round was square with both players scoring well, however, round two turned into a purely boxing fight as the kick boxing aces concentrated on jabbing.
It was round 3 when thing started turning upside for ‘the man who can impregnate a woman by just looking at her’. Semata became much more tactical, engaging in lower kicks, sweeps and knees that made Golola seemingly uncomfortable and weakened. The same story continued to round four where Golola only used punches throughout, forgetting about te kicks and knees that were allowed.
Golola however gained momentum in the last round of the well attended match, throwing some dangerous punches and lower kicks but it seemed to be too late for him for the judges to declared Semata as the winner of this very close fight.
Umaru Semata now awaits for a side prize of Sh 10 Millions room Jack Pemba that he promised to give the winner of the match and 4 millions for the loser.
Other Undercard Fights
Fans were not entertained by the main fight, but also a number of undercard fights that were also all title-less. These fights started as early 9:00pm with the first being taken by Paul Hangara.
- Allan Cloud beat James Christo – Judges’ anonymous decision.
- Koreta Ivan won Mududa Khalifan, a former boxer – Judges’ anonymous decision.
- James Maxwell won Ssemanda Joel – Judges’ anonymous decision.
- Rebecca Among beat Masendi Brendah in the thrilling only night’s women fight. – Judges’ anonymous decision.
- Mukiibi Lawrence recorded the first Knock out of the night aftr stopping Mugerwa Christopher in the second round.
- Muzafalu Yiga also knocked out Muganga Raymond
- Kimera Farouk knocked out the experienced Okiror Dan
- Lado Kennedy won fight after Zubai Karim surrendering over a shoulder dislocation
- Ssempagala Amos registered the fastesst stoppage of the night after knocking out Majok James from Sudan withi just 90 seconds
- Ddamuira Richard a.k.a Ring doctor won the teeth-grinding battle against Kenya’s Mohammed Ntare – Judges’ anonymous decision.
- Odoch Ronald won the last undercard fight after Muhahala Allan also from Kenya surrndering the fight.