Behind every top Ugandan male artist, is a woman that has played a big part in their success? Dating a musician comes with its highs and lows, yet we cannot help but wonder whether these women have a life of their own? What is their daily life like? What preoccupies them? Let’s find out what each of them is up to and who is ruling right now.
Barbie Itungo Kyagulanyi – Bobi wine’s wife
It was in 2001 that Bobi and Barbie first met and in 2011 the two walked down the aisle in a wedding that captivated the nation. She has relentless entrepreneurial skills and many believe she is the reason Bobi has consistently made remarkable investments.
- She spends most time at One Love Beach in Busabala, manning day to day operations (operations manager) since 2012.
- Barbie is also into farming on a medium scale, utilizing some of the land that the family owns in Magere, Gayaza. She tends to matooke and vegetables on the farm.
- She published a book, “Tales of a village belle” and was the brains behind the Ghetto president reality TV show that documented the lives of her family.
- She is the founder and executive director of a non-profit organization, Caring Hearts Uganda, which works to empower youth in Uganda and drive social change by enabling young people adopt pillars of individual transformation.
- Barbie has worked with teen mothers and leading a dive to ensure every girl can have access to sanitary pads and also has a column in one of the local weeklies where she shares her parenting tips.
- Been free from scandals. Though Bobi wine once admitted to having cheated on his wife, the mother of four boldly came out and assured the public that she would never walk out on him.
On Social media – About 50,000 Facebook likes
- Her Facebook page rotates around her family and daily happenings in life. She is an inspirational for many ladies who desire to keep in shape and take time to share motivational messages.
Zuena Kirema – Bebe Cool’s wife
In 2001 when she contested for miss Uganda as an 18 year old, her being crowned as miss Bell lager did not come without controversy. I the beginning bebecool could not hear of his wife heading out every morning to work at a job. The overly protective star preferred her as a stay home mother though later granted her some freedom to do more than a house wife.
- Once pursued a music career. She did “Mata” song with the Kiwoko boys, and it became massively popular in the country, after a short time, her music career suffered a still birth.
- She innovated Zuena pastries working as a professional baker worthy about Ugshs30millions by 2014. Different clientele were interested in having a taste of zuena cakes, buns, bread, and cookies at their functions but the business even never celebrated its first birthday, it is no more.
- She replaced Justine Nameere at NTV as the host for Life Stories and in June 2015 she resigned citing unavoidable family issues.
- She is now into a full time career as a mother.
On Social media – About 45,000 Facebook likes
- Though she rarely posts on Facebook, the posts she publishes are ever on defending her husband over what she terms unfair judgments. In the past she was the inspiration behind songs such as Agenze, the new Zuena seems to now have stuck to Bebe Cool for better, for worse.
- She casts a fashion style of a modernistic mother who has gained a little bit of weight.
Daniella Atim – Dr. Chameleon’s wife
She is a reserved introvert, quiet, a loner princess in her own world. She is as rare as an eclipse yet she is a woman of sizeable activities. The couple is also blessed by a number of four children.
- She has a real estate project in the Agago town where she has constructed two apartments.
- While in Kampala, she ensures that the family meets the deadlines by paying up a number of mortgages. She claimed their Seguku home that had been auctioned by a bank.
- She is also preoccupied with running a charity foundation that she co-founded with at least five friends to empower women and girls in rural areas to helping lift the poor and needy out of their sorry situations.
- Runs a boutique in Kampala even though it is managed by a sibling.
- She is currently the defacto property manager for chameleon’s real estate investments.
On Social Media
- Although she has a facebook account, her prescence is a true reflection of her character. She is almost absent on the platform and her timeline has been redundant for the past year.
- Not free from scandals, she once showed up at the Monitor Publications offices in 2012 where she slapped Kasuku, a big mouthed journalist at Dembe FM accusing him of tarnishing her name with false stories.